Welcome!

Welcome to our kindergarten class! We have a busy year ahead. Please check the blog often to keep up with what we are doing!

Saturday, July 20, 2013

Word fun with Tagxedo!

 
I would like to introduce you to Tagxedo. This website can help you turn words into art! I have been brainstorming all day of the various ways that this will be helpful in our classroom.  These are just a few that I am so excited about:
 
  • New Vocabulary-What a new and exciting way to introduce new vocabulary words. I will be able to take the new words that we will be learning and introduce them in a picture!
  • Descriptive Words-When we are working with words that describe an object, we will be able to make a picture of the objects with the words that describe it!
  • Sight Words-What better way to show the sight words that we know! After each child has finished a set of sight words, they will be able to create a picture with those words to showcase what they know!
 
I hope that you are able to use this resource at home with your child as well. Exciting things are happening in kindergarten, it's my happy place!
                                         

No comments:

Post a Comment